RHBOT BUSINESS ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS FINALISTS
Congratulations to our Finalists
105.9 The Region
Character Community York Region
Execute Strategy Inc. O/A Achievan
Hill House Hospice
Iacobelli Law Firm Professional Corp
Pollard and Associates Inc.
StratKing Accounting and Tax
The Cooperators - Lucy Solomon Insurance Service
RECOGNIZING & HONOURING EXCELLENCE IN OUR BUSINESS COMMUNITY AWARD CATEGORIES & CRITERIA
1) Conservation and Environmental Sustainability - Excellence in conservation and environmental business practices is the primary qualification! Specific areas considered include:
Energy Conservation – i.e. measurable reductions in electricity, gas and water consumption; installation of renewable energy systems (e.g., geothermal or solar systems); conservation practices (e.g., energy-efficient appliances, CFL lights).
Environmental Stewardship/Pollution Prevention – i.e. demonstrated improvement in environmental performance (e.g., air, water, waste reduction, toxic, hazardous waste reduction); demonstrated reduction in costs and/or enhanced business competitiveness through implementation of environmental program.
Education – i.e. Activities to raise awareness/develop energy savings ideas for employees and business operations; excellence in measurement and communication of environmental progress.
2) Professional Services - Recognizes businesses that exemplify professionalism and integrity. This category includes, but is not limited to: law, medical, dental, accounting, financial, insurance, real estate and other professional service providers.
3) Hospitality - Recognizes a business: hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, entertainment venues, theatre, and restaurant/eatery that provides excellence in quality and service to their customers. Note: this award may be given in both large and small business categories.
4) Non-Profit of the Year - Recognizes a registered non-profit/charitable organization that has shown exceptional community service and leadership in areas including but not limited to: Broadened Education of Service; Innovative Services; Sustainable Business Model; Promoting Volunteerism; Positive Contribution to Society; Social & Community Advancements.
5) Information Technology - Recognizes a business that provides excellence in quality and service to their customers in the information technology, software or web development sectors.
6) General Awards - This award is open to any successful business that does not fit into any of the categories listed above and has demonstrated excellence in community relations, business achievement, sound employee relations, customer service and reliability. Note: this award may be given in both large and small business categories.
7) People’s Choice Award – This award is presented based on public feedback on business excellence in providing goods and/or services. This award may be given to a Richmond Hill business that is not a member of the Richmond Hill Board of Trade.
i. A business may nominate itself.
ii. Nominees must have had a tangible business since January 2020.
iii. Nominees must be able to demonstrate financial stability and may be asked to provide an account in good standing report from their financial institution. The exceptions are nominees for the Non-Profit and People’s Choice Awards.
iv. The nominee must have been a member of the Richmond Hill Board of Trade for at least one year at the date of nomination, except for the People’s Choice Award.
v. Nominees cannot have won an RHBOT Award within the past three years.
vi. The competition is not open to the Judges or their employers, or to members of the Award Organizing Committee or their employers.
vii. Businesses that are owned or have non-arm’s length relationship with Directors are ineligible for nomination.
i. At the discretion of the judging committee, awards may be withheld in any category.
ii. More than one award may be given out in any category.
iii. Businesses may be nominated for more than one category. The Judges have the discretion to determine the category under which the business will be judged.
iv. Additional awards may be presented that are not listed in the categories above.
Winners (except for Lifetime Achievement Award, the Chair’s Award and the People’s Choice Award) are selected by a panel of judges made up of past winners of Richmond Hill Business Awards, business and community leaders and City of Richmond Hill representatives. Their selections are based on a pre-determined marking scheme.
All nominations must be submitted to the Richmond Hill Board of Trade office by November 18, 2021.